The Ailema Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ailema Forum

Yay for characters in the future!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I hope I don't ruin Noah.

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Noah
Pie Brains
Noah

Love! : 5474
=D : 0

I hope I don't ruin Noah. Empty
PostSubject: I hope I don't ruin Noah.   I hope I don't ruin Noah. EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 10:14 pm

Even when you're seemingly perfect, getting your hear broken still hurts just as much as if you're not. Noah didn't feel any anger towards Julie for making the decision she made. He hoped she would be happy with Kaiden. And he didn't feel any regrets either. If he could go back and date her again, knowing what would happen, he would do it in a second.

Even though he accepted her decision, it still hurt. His chest physically hurt when he thought about her, which was all the time. He tried to comfort himself using all the cliches in the book: There are plenty of fish in the sea. It's better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all. It helped, if only a little.

He sat at the back of the pond near the Ruins, skipping stones across the water's surface. Sometimes he wondered, what had he done wrong? Should he have done something different? But he reminded himself, Julie had loved Kaiden before she even met Noah. He never even had a chance.

He watched one of the skipping stones disappear across the horizon.
Back to top Go down
Claire
I Pooted
Claire

Love! : 5635
=D : 4

PostSubject: Re: I hope I don't ruin Noah.   I hope I don't ruin Noah. EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 10:24 pm

Claire was walking through the ruins, wondering where Julie was right now. She had gotten a note a few days ago that said she had decided not to marry Noah, but was marrying Kaiden instead. Oh yeah, and that she was running away to be with him. Claire rolled her eyes as she thought of it, who could be so stupid?!

Noah had been like this perfect guy and she had declined his offer of marriage for the jerk who had knocked her up. She was such an idiot. SUCH AN IDIOT.

As she was thinking about all the stupid things Julie had done over the past year she noticed a splash in the pond behind the ruins. Deciding to walk over and figure out what it was, she saw Noah sitting across the water.

She wondered if it was worth talking to him--Claire didn't like it when clio cried, but then she decided to ask him a few things anyway. Maybe he knew more about the situation that she did.

"Hey, Noah?" Claire called, walking around the pond.
Back to top Go down
Noah
Pie Brains
Noah

PostSubject: Re: I hope I don't ruin Noah.   I hope I don't ruin Noah. EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 10:27 pm

Noah looked up, slightly surprised, when he heard a voice call his name. "Oh...Hello Claire," he greeted with a weak smile. He mostly only knew Claire through Julie and Lily, he had never really had a conversation with her before. She must be a wonderful person if she was friends with Julie. He felt a little stab in his chest.
Back to top Go down
Claire
I Pooted
Claire

PostSubject: Re: I hope I don't ruin Noah.   I hope I don't ruin Noah. EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 10:30 pm

Claire smiled and waved a little as she made her way around to where he was sitting.

Oh God, she didn't even know how to talk to someone when they were upset. Was he still upset? Jeez, why did she do this?

"What's up?" she asked, lamely.
Back to top Go down
Noah
Pie Brains
Noah

PostSubject: Re: I hope I don't ruin Noah.   I hope I don't ruin Noah. EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 10:33 pm

Nothing much, the love of my life just broke up with me, Noah thought sadly, but he didn't say it out loud. He didn't want to force his problems onto Claire. He didn't know her very well, and he didn't want to make her feel uncomfortable. "Nothing I need to bother you with," he replied, maintaining his sad smile. "How about you?"
Back to top Go down
Claire
I Pooted
Claire

PostSubject: Re: I hope I don't ruin Noah.   I hope I don't ruin Noah. EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 10:36 pm

Claire pursed her lips and took a seat on the bank next to Noah. "I heard about you and Julie," she said, looking at the water and not at his face. This poor guy didn't deserve to be hurt like this. Julie was wrong for leaving him behind and hurting while she got to run away, be free, and be happy.

"If it's any condolence, I think she's an idiot for saying no."
Back to top Go down
Noah
Pie Brains
Noah

PostSubject: Re: I hope I don't ruin Noah.   I hope I don't ruin Noah. EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 10:40 pm

Noah sort of chuckled humorlessly. "Thank you, Claire," he told her, since in a way she seemed to be trying to make him feel better. Even if it didn't work, he appreciated that she was trying. "But no, Julie isn't an idiot. She did what made her happy. She'd be an idiot if she married someone she didn't love." He sighed. He had fallen for Julie fast and hard. They had hardly been dating for a few months when he proposed. What had he been thinking?
Back to top Go down
Claire
I Pooted
Claire

PostSubject: Re: I hope I don't ruin Noah.   I hope I don't ruin Noah. EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 10:43 pm

Claire rolled her eyes. "Kaiden is not going to make her happy," Claire said. "Did she ever tell you their story? How they met? I mean, she might be happy right now, but it's only because she's caught up in this fairytale that Kaiden is never going to be able to follow through with."
Back to top Go down
Noah
Pie Brains
Noah

PostSubject: Re: I hope I don't ruin Noah.   I hope I don't ruin Noah. EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 10:46 pm

"I'm sure Julie knows better than we do what will make her happy," Noah reasoned patiently. Of course he was going to defend her decision. He loved her so much. D: If Julie was willing to settle for fairy tales, maybe she would have accepted his proposal. But she knew who she loved, and who would make her the happiest. He had to respect that. After all, he wanted her to be happy.
Back to top Go down
Claire
I Pooted
Claire

PostSubject: Re: I hope I don't ruin Noah.   I hope I don't ruin Noah. EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 10:52 pm

Claire sighed. This guy was an idiot. "You don't think you'd be better for her?" she asked. Was he freaking serious? "Julie must not have told you anything about Kaiden."
Back to top Go down
Noah
Pie Brains
Noah

PostSubject: Re: I hope I don't ruin Noah.   I hope I don't ruin Noah. EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 10:58 pm

"She didn't tell me any details, no," Noah replied. Geez....in retrospect, they really hadn't been together very long. They had never told each other some of the more personal things about themselves. They had never even really opened up to each other. He couldn't believe he'd actually thought proposing would be a good idea.
Back to top Go down
Claire
I Pooted
Claire

PostSubject: Re: I hope I don't ruin Noah.   I hope I don't ruin Noah. EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 11:00 pm

"Did you know that after he knocked her up, he left her? For months all she did was mope around, he ruined her life and broke her heart, and left her alone to fix things."

And now she's run off with him so he can break her heart again. D:
Back to top Go down
Noah
Pie Brains
Noah

PostSubject: Re: I hope I don't ruin Noah.   I hope I don't ruin Noah. EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 11:04 pm

Noah's brow furrowed. "But he was with her when I met her," he replied, slightly confused. "Living with her, I mean. They were raising their son together."
Back to top Go down
Claire
I Pooted
Claire

PostSubject: Re: I hope I don't ruin Noah.   I hope I don't ruin Noah. EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 11:10 pm

"Because then he came back. But it was months after he left her, and months after she cried herself to sleep, and thought down about herself, and ooh! I just can't stand thinking about it."
Back to top Go down
Noah
Pie Brains
Noah

PostSubject: Re: I hope I don't ruin Noah.   I hope I don't ruin Noah. EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 11:13 pm

"Clio can change," Noah replied simply. "Julie forgave him. Why can't you?"
Back to top Go down
Claire
I Pooted
Claire

PostSubject: Re: I hope I don't ruin Noah.   I hope I don't ruin Noah. EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 11:15 pm

"She shouldn't have! He's just going to hurt her again!" Claire argued. "Clio like Kaiden don't change, especially not for a girl they saw as something to mess with just a few short months ago."
Back to top Go down
Noah
Pie Brains
Noah

PostSubject: Re: I hope I don't ruin Noah.   I hope I don't ruin Noah. EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 11:17 pm

"How do you know?" Noah asked reasonably, still very patient. He wasn't trying to argue with Claire, he was just struggling to understand where she was coming from. It certainly seemed like Kaiden had changed to him.
Back to top Go down
Claire
I Pooted
Claire

PostSubject: Re: I hope I don't ruin Noah.   I hope I don't ruin Noah. EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 11:24 pm

"I've known him since I was little, Noah, I think I know him a bit better than you do."
Back to top Go down
Noah
Pie Brains
Noah

PostSubject: Re: I hope I don't ruin Noah.   I hope I don't ruin Noah. EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 11:27 pm

"Then let me ask you this," Noah replied evenly, "are you the exact same person you were when you were younger? Do you really know anyone who's never changed, not even after a big, life-altering event, such as having a child?"
Back to top Go down
Claire
I Pooted
Claire

PostSubject: Re: I hope I don't ruin Noah.   I hope I don't ruin Noah. EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 11:36 pm

"He wasn't a child when he knocked her up," Claire said impatiently. She understood what Noah was saying, but he didn't know Kaiden. Kaiden was a different story all together.
Back to top Go down
Noah
Pie Brains
Noah

PostSubject: Re: I hope I don't ruin Noah.   I hope I don't ruin Noah. EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 11:42 pm

"No, what I'm trying to say is that big events like that can make a person change," Noah explained. "What I was trying to get at originally, though, is that you can't be 100% certain that Kaiden will leave her. You can't read minds, or predict the future. I don't mean to offend, Claire, but you seem like a very pessimistic clio." He really hoped she wouldn't be offended. He just felt compelled to defend Julie's decision because of how much he loved and respected her.
Back to top Go down
Claire
I Pooted
Claire

PostSubject: Re: I hope I don't ruin Noah.   I hope I don't ruin Noah. EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 11:43 pm

"Well how do you know that he won't leave her, then?" Claire countered, a little annoyed.
Back to top Go down
Noah
Pie Brains
Noah

PostSubject: Re: I hope I don't ruin Noah.   I hope I don't ruin Noah. EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 11:48 pm

"I don't," Noah replied honestly. "That's a chance Julie is willing to take. It's a chance we all take when we love someone. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. That's life.

"But the reward is usually greater than the loss. In other words, if you don't take a chance because you're afraid something bad will happen, then you never know when you might be giving up on something amazing."
Back to top Go down
Claire
I Pooted
Claire

PostSubject: Re: I hope I don't ruin Noah.   I hope I don't ruin Noah. EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 12:47 am

"But you'll look like a fool in front of everyone else," Claire said. She would never go out on a limb like that. Not for anyone.
Back to top Go down
Noah
Pie Brains
Noah

PostSubject: Re: I hope I don't ruin Noah.   I hope I don't ruin Noah. EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 12:30 pm

"So am I a fool for dating Julie?" Noah asked, sounding almost amused. Haha, he kind of had been a fool. After all, Julie had been living with the father of her baby. Not many guys would have dated her, knowing that. But it was okay, Julie was worth being a fool over.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I hope I don't ruin Noah.   I hope I don't ruin Noah. Empty

Back to top Go down

I hope I don't ruin Noah.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next