The Ailema Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ailema Forum

Yay for characters in the future!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Yay for Amelia.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Addisyn
Admin
Addisyn

Love! : 5625
=D : 1

Character sheet
About your character::

Yay for Amelia. Empty
PostSubject: Yay for Amelia.   Yay for Amelia. EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 2:09 am

The people of Amelia are called "clio." These clios have what are called Eilemaiden, more commonly known as elements. These Eilemaiden are as follows:

Aite [solar]
Adhbhar [earth]
Cuir [air]
Deilig [darkness]
Dian [metal]
Earalas [fire]
Solas [light]
Ughdarras [water]

Each clio belongs to one Eilemaiden, which they choose when they come of age. When they are young they belong to all eight. Each clio has a certain amount of control over the Eilemaiden they belong to. For example, an Ughdarras clio has telekinetic control over water. However, this control is limited. Again for example, an Adhbhar clio could not lift a boulder with their mind that they couldn't physically lift. Same goes for all the Eilemaiden.

They are also immune to their own Eilemaiden. An Ughdarras clio cannot drown, an Earalas clio cannot be burned, et cetera.

Anybody remember pokemon? That nifty little system they used? Like rock beats scissors, water beats fire, you know the drill. Anyways, Amelia also has a system like this. It goes as follows:

Adhbhar>Solas>Deilig>Aite>Ughdarras>Earalas>Cuir>Dian>Adhbhar

The different Eilemaiden all kind of, well, hate each other. A lot. They have a rivalry that goes all the way back to the beginning of time. Each Eilemaiden believes themselves to be better than the others. They are constantly trying to prove it, to no avail. The reason being that they're all equal together. No one wins. =]

--------

Everyone familiar with the concept of daemons from Philip Pullmans series, His Dark Materials, should get this next part quite easily.

In Amelia, every clio has something called a daemon. A daemon is basically your characters soul, in animal form. While your character is young, the daemon can change shape. It can be any animal your character needs or wants at any specific time. For example, if your character feels shy, their daemon may become a mouse hiding in their clothes, but if your character feels proud of something, their daemon might become something regal, such as a snow leopard. When your character comes of age their daemon will settle into one form and no longer be able to change. This is because your character finally has a settled personality. When you are a child, your personality changes as you grow, which lets your daemon change form. You don't know who you are as a person yet. But when you come of age, you finally know who you are.

Please PM me, Alecis, when you feel that your character has settled, it's usually between the ages of 16-18[every once in awhile clio may settle early or late, but it isn't usual, and only for very big reasons], any time. Just let me know what happened to your character that you now believe him/her to be settled. Then I will go read your characters personality that you wrote up when you first joined, and I will compare that to some animal analysis's to find out what your settled form is. It is when your daemon settles that you must pick your Eilemaiden, so also in that PM, tell me what Eilemaiden you have chosen.
Back to top Go down

Yay for Amelia.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Ailema Forum :: Control Center Thing :: Ailema-
Jump to: