The Ailema Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ailema Forum

Yay for characters in the future!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

there goes my hero.

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Leif
Pie Brains
Leif

Love! : 5528
=D : 0

there goes my hero. Empty
PostSubject: there goes my hero.   there goes my hero. EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 12:41 am

Leif stared at the water hitting the edge of Annerb, listening intently to the waves crashing against the shore, to the screams coming from birds flying overhead, to the murmur of people in the distance. He sat on a fence towards the edge of the island, back slouched slightly, feet keeping him balanced by resting on the lower part of the fence, and burning cigarette in hand.

He seemed to be perpetually high, but at the moment he wasn't. He just enjoyed listening to Amelia, as if the planet itself were speaking to him.

Really, he wasn't high.

He lifted the cigarette to his lips, taking in the smoke fully before letting it out slowly and watching it float away.
Back to top Go down
Julie
Mighty Spartan of Doom
Julie

Love! : 6564
=D : 3

PostSubject: Re: there goes my hero.   there goes my hero. EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 12:58 am

Julie had come to Annerb looking for someone to hang out with. Unfortunately, Keiran wasn't home, and Lily was never online anymore. Julie found herself a little sad that she had just wasted a trip to Annerb. Luckily she didn't have a sudden, hormone-induced urge to cry, (which happened to her fairly often,) because just as she was walking back to the docks, she happened to see a boy around her age sitting on a fence not too far away. It would have been reeeeeally embarrassing to have a sobbing mood-swing in front of a stranger.

The ferries weren't going to leave Annerb for another hour or so, so Julie was stuck on the island with nothing to do and no one to talk to. 'Cept this guy. She could talk to him, just to pass the time.

"Hi," she greeted, walking over and leaning forward, resting her forearms on the fence. She stayed a distance away from him, so that she wouldn't breathe in his smoke. "I'm Julie."
Back to top Go down
Leif
Pie Brains
Leif

PostSubject: Re: there goes my hero.   there goes my hero. EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 1:05 am

Leif raised his eyebrows as he heard someone talk. He turned his head so he could see who it was. It was a girl, a pretty girl. Why was a pretty girl like her talking to a random boy like him? Oh well, he always enjoyed meeting people. It's not like he had much of a social life these days.

"Hey Julie," he said, putting his grip on the fence, holding the cigarette in between his fingers and looking at her through the rising smoke. "I'm Leif." He had always been sort of embarrassed by his name, but he wasn't afraid to admit that it was his name. It wasn't his fault that his parents were stoned all the time.
Back to top Go down
Julie
Mighty Spartan of Doom
Julie

PostSubject: Re: there goes my hero.   there goes my hero. EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 1:16 am

Julie smiled. "That's a cool name," she said. She wasn't being sarcastic or making fun of him. She genuinely liked his name. She had a thing for unique names. She knew that when she had her baby, she wasn't just going to give him/her any old ordinary name, she'd choose something unique and special. "I like it a lot." She liked her own name, because it was pretty, but it was a little too common for her tastes.
Back to top Go down
Leif
Pie Brains
Leif

PostSubject: Re: there goes my hero.   there goes my hero. EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 1:18 am

Leif couldn't help but smile. "Really? People don't usually like it. They usually make fun of me for it, actually," he said, looking towards the water. He brought the cigarette to his mouth before realizing that she wasn't smoking. Maybe he shouldn't be either.

He turned back to her, pulling his hand away from his mouth. "Do you mind me smoking? I hate to make a person uncomfortable."
Back to top Go down
Julie
Mighty Spartan of Doom
Julie

PostSubject: Re: there goes my hero.   there goes my hero. EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 1:26 am

Julie shook her head. "Oh no, I don't mind as long as you don't, like, blow smoke into my face or anything. Not that you would," she replied, laughing a little. "But yeah, I just can't breathe any smoke in." She shook her head a little. "I bet you've heard it a millions times, and it's not really my business, but you really shouldn't smoke at all. It's so bad for you."

She just thought she'd mention that. She didn't expect him to take it to heart or anything, she just felt compelled to voice her thoughts on the subject. Maybe it was because her brother smoked and she really wished he'd quit so it was kind of a personal thing. Maybe not. Whatever.
Back to top Go down
Leif
Pie Brains
Leif

PostSubject: Re: there goes my hero.   there goes my hero. EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 1:30 am

Leif nodded along as she spoke, understanding all of her points. "Yeah, I know," he said with a nod and a look at his cigarette. "I really shouldn't smoke, but it's been a habit for so long." He took one last hit of it before putting it out on the fence and sticking it behind his ear, blowing the smoke into the air in the opposite direction of Julie.

He turned back to her, finally taking a good look at the girl. He noticed her stomach, but he didn't want to be rude and ask if she was pregnant because if she wouldn't then it would suck really bad. He looked back to her eyes, not keeping his gaze on her stomach for more than a few seconds.

"Any reason you can't breathe the smoke in or is it just personal preference?"
Back to top Go down
Julie
Mighty Spartan of Doom
Julie

PostSubject: Re: there goes my hero.   there goes my hero. EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 1:36 am

"Both," Julie replied. "But mostlyyyy....because I'm pregnant." She looked away, a little embarrassed. Even though she was more okay with it than she had been before, she still didn't really like telling people she was pregnant. Even though most people probably didn't really need telling anymore.
Back to top Go down
Leif
Pie Brains
Leif

PostSubject: Re: there goes my hero.   there goes my hero. EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 1:42 am

"Shit," he said, surprised. "Sorry I was smoking in the first place. You don't look it. Not right away, at least." He smiled, since he was trying to compliment her. Not in a hitting-on-her way, but in a general way. He turned around completely so he was straddling the fence and facing her, resting his elbows on his knees and crossing his arms.

"Do you like the idea of a baby being inside of you or does it freak you out?" He looked genuinely interested. He loved babies. :3
Back to top Go down
Julie
Mighty Spartan of Doom
Julie

PostSubject: Re: there goes my hero.   there goes my hero. EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 1:47 am

Julie smiled back. Leif was a nice guy, and he had a really cute personality too. That wasn't to say he wasn't cute physically, but since she had a boyfriend and all she didn't think about that so much. "It freaks me out like you wouldn't believe," she answered honestly. "But there are also moments where I get really, really excited about it."
Back to top Go down
Leif
Pie Brains
Leif

PostSubject: Re: there goes my hero.   there goes my hero. EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 1:55 am

"That's so cool," he said, "I couldn't even imagine having something live inside me. I don't know how I'd feel. Probably like you do, I guess." He put his hands on his stomach and looked down at it. "It kinda sucks that guys can't directly create life. I get that we help make babies with our little spermies, but I mean..." He stopped mid-sentence, looking at her baby bump. "Women are so important."

He had little realizations and life lessons come to him every day. I guess what Leif learned today is the importance of women and pregnancy.
Back to top Go down
Julie
Mighty Spartan of Doom
Julie

PostSubject: Re: there goes my hero.   there goes my hero. EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 2:06 am

"Um, wow." Julie said, blinking. That was kind of weird. Deep and meaningful, but weird. "That was really...wow. I never thought about it like that before. Not for myself at least..." She had thought it was pretty cool when her mom was pregnant with the twins (since she was actually old enough then to understand it,) and had always wanted to have kids someday, but not in a situation like this. But now that she thought about it, did it really matter how the child was conceived? Did it make it any less special? "I guess I was just so scared and surprised by the whole thing, I overlooked the beauty of it all. You know?"

It was a beautiful thing.
Back to top Go down
Leif
Pie Brains
Leif

PostSubject: Re: there goes my hero.   there goes my hero. EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 2:13 am

"Yeah, that happens to a lot of people. You'll appreciate the baby a million times more once it pops out," he said, not trying to sound rude. That was just how he spoke. "It may annoy the shit out of you, but it'll be cute and you'll love it with all your heart. Unless you're some sick freak, but I can tell already that you aren't."

He smiled innocently, like he'd just said that she had a pretty hair color or something. And she did. What a pretty blonde.
Back to top Go down
Julie
Mighty Spartan of Doom
Julie

PostSubject: Re: there goes my hero.   there goes my hero. EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 2:20 am

Julie looked at his innocent smile with raised eyebrows, and then laughed a little bit, dubious. Leif was really weird, but in a good way. It was almost impossible to tell if he was being serious or not, but she was pretty sure he was. "Um, thanks, I think," she replied. "Yeah, I'm pretty sure it'll be a lot more fun once it's born. Right now it doesn't do much other than make me fat, hungry and overly emotional."
Back to top Go down
Leif
Pie Brains
Leif

PostSubject: Re: there goes my hero.   there goes my hero. EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 2:26 am

Leif nodded. "No problem, Julie," he said, climbing off of the fence to walk over to her. "Well it does a lot more than that. It grows, eats your food, takes your blood, completely and utterly depends on you for its existence. It swims, you know. And it can hear stuff eventually." He smiled down at her belly.

"I hate to be a creep, but can I feel your belly a little?"
Back to top Go down
Julie
Mighty Spartan of Doom
Julie

PostSubject: Re: there goes my hero.   there goes my hero. EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 2:31 am

Quote :
"Well it does a lot more than that. It grows, eats your food, takes your blood, completely and utterly depends on you for its existence. It swims, you know. And it can hear stuff eventually."

Julie laughed. "Ha ha, I know, but it's thinking about that sort of thing that freaks me out like you wouldn't believe," she replied. Thinking that she actually had a living, swimming, hearing clio inside her was so freaky. And amazing, and terrifying, and exciting.

Quote :
"I hate to be a creep, but can I feel your belly a little?"

"Go ahead," Julie answered, smiling. "And don't worry, I don't think it's creepy at all."
Back to top Go down
Leif
Pie Brains
Leif

PostSubject: Re: there goes my hero.   there goes my hero. EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 2:33 am

"Yeah, I guess that is kinda freaky," he said, but all of his thoughts scattered when she said he could touch the baby...I mean, the belly. Her belly.

He knelt down so he was eye-level with her belly, and he put his hands up to it. "You have such a cute little baby bump," he said, feeling around to try and find where the baby was. "I like trying to imagine how the baby's laying, you know? I wonder where the baby's head is..." There was a constant smile and expression of amusement and happiness on the boy's face. Did I mention that he loved babies?
Back to top Go down
Julie
Mighty Spartan of Doom
Julie

PostSubject: Re: there goes my hero.   there goes my hero. EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 2:46 am

Wow. This guy really, really liked babies. He liked babies even more that Julie's dad did, and that was saying something. Just as Leif was busy imagining what the 18 week fetus looked like, something happened. Julie felt this teeny tiny little fluttering inside.

"Oh...oh my god. I think it's moving," she said softly, completely amazed and suddenly flooded with emotion. "I've never felt it move before!"

Everything suddenly became ten times more real. There was a real live baby moving inside her.
Back to top Go down
Leif
Pie Brains
Leif

PostSubject: Re: there goes my hero.   there goes my hero. EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 2:51 am

Leif's face lit up as she realized that the baby moved. "I felt it! I felt it on the outside!" He laughed with enjoyment, looking up at her. She seemed completely flooded with emotion. 'Cause she was, I guess.

He stood up so he was eye level with her. "Congrats, you've got a movin', kickin' baby inside you." He jumped back onto the fence, glad that the baby moved for him. "I love babies."
Back to top Go down
Julie
Mighty Spartan of Doom
Julie

PostSubject: Re: there goes my hero.   there goes my hero. EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 12:32 pm

"Wow," Julie breathed. She couldn't wait to tell Kaiden, and Keiran, and everyone else she cared about that the baby was kicking. The moment was so special, though, that she didn't care that she was sharing it with a stranger,

Quote :
"I love babies."

Julie laughed a little. "I could tell."
Back to top Go down
Leif
Pie Brains
Leif

PostSubject: Re: there goes my hero.   there goes my hero. EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 12:45 pm

Leif smiled and almost reached for the cigarette sitting behind his ear. He didn't though, because he cared about the girl in front of him and what she thought and believed in.

"So how about the girl behind the baby?" he asked, putting his hand in front of him to block out the view of the baby bump. "I feel like I'm getting to know your kid more than you. I feel rude." He laughed a little, since it wasn't really rude, but Leif did want to get to know her. He sort of thought they might never see each other again after this, and he didn't want that. He wanted some friends.
Back to top Go down
Julie
Mighty Spartan of Doom
Julie

PostSubject: Re: there goes my hero.   there goes my hero. EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 1:08 pm

Julie smiled a little self-consciously when the conversation turned to her. It wasn't that she was embarrassed to talk about herself or anything, she just tended to avoid personal subjects. Of course, talking about her baby had been sort of personal, but in a different way.

"Well, um...what would you like to know?" she asked awkwardly.
Back to top Go down
Leif
Pie Brains
Leif

PostSubject: Re: there goes my hero.   there goes my hero. EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 1:27 pm

Leif laughed a little at her sudden awkwardness. "Don't worry, I'm not gonna question you or anything. Just...here, I'll go first." He cleared his throat and looked past her head, as if a big speech was about to come out of his mouth.

"I'm Leif Savage. My parents are Peyton and Charmaine Savage, and they get stoned all the time. That's why they named me Leif, because they thought it was funny. I have a younger sister who isn't settled yet and she's kind of annoying, but I take care of her when I need to. I don't have many friends, but I'd like to. I smoke a lot and I appreciate things for what they are. If I died tomorrow, I'd be satisfied with what I have in life." He smiled.

"Now it's your turn. Just spit out some random stuff."
Back to top Go down
Julie
Mighty Spartan of Doom
Julie

PostSubject: Re: there goes my hero.   there goes my hero. EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 1:40 pm

"Um...okay then, here goes," Julie began hesitantly. She had never just "spit out random stuff" about herself before. "Let's see...I'm Julie Flint. My parents are Quinn and Lumi Flint, and I would be seriously shocked if I found out either of them had ever been stoned in their entire lives. I'm named Julie after my great aunt who I never met. I have four younger brothers and one younger sister, and they're all pretty annoying, and two of them aren't settled yet. I'm dating my best friend's brother, and they live here on Annerb sometimes. I'm in Solas but I live in Ughdarras. I really want to move out and live on my own, but things keep getting in the way. And I definitely wouldn't be satisfied if I died tomorrow."

Wow, that was a lot. She was surprised she managed to come up with all that, even though most of it was just the same stuff Leif said first.
Back to top Go down
Leif
Pie Brains
Leif

PostSubject: Re: there goes my hero.   there goes my hero. EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 2:09 pm

"That's it!" he said happily. "That wasn't so hard, was it? Now I know some stuff about you. I'm in Adhbhar, by the way. Guess I didn't mention that. You have a huge family. Aren't the Flints the Overloridian's family?" That was pretty cool that he was meeting the Overloridian's daughter. He wasn't one for fame and fortune, but it was still cool. It was sort of like he was meeting a celebrity...almost.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: there goes my hero.   there goes my hero. Empty

Back to top Go down

there goes my hero.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next